- Employment opportunities:
- Current Openings
- Professional Training:
- Internships: College or graduate students can come to SERC and work for 10-15 weeks with a research scientist. For more information, visit the internship site, or contact Dan Gustafson.
- Post-doctoral and Graduate Student Fellowships: We have a very active program in research opportunities. Visit the fellowship site or Contact Dan Gustafson for fellowships.
- Research Opportunities:
- Visiting Scientists program: Mid-career scientists from around the world have worked in our facilities.
- Collaborative ventures: We regularly work with many institutions on scientific research. We are affiliated with several inter-institutional groups. Contact Dr. Anson Hines for more information.
- Volunteering at SERC:
- Volunteer opportunities at SERC: include assisting research staff in the field or laboratory, assisting education staff in the Reed Center, and leading outside educational activities.
- Chesapeake Parasite Project
- The Marine Invasions Lab is looking for enthusiastic research volunteers for two weekends this summer (June and August) to help track an invasive barnacle infecting Chesapeake mud crabs. Volunteers can sign up for the entire weekend, or just for one day.
How to sign up
- Homestead House Archaeology
Help us excavate our 18th-century plantation house, and uncover one family's environmental footprint 200 years ago. Head archaeologist Jim Gibb is looking for volunteers (up to 6 at a time) Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from May 27 to June 20. Contact Alison Cawood to sign up.
- Support SERC:
- Help ensure the future of SERC's critical environmental research. Make a donation online or by mail. For more information, contact SERC Director of Development, Robin Gibbin, 443-482-2205.