- Employment opportunities:
- Current Openings
- Professional Training:
- Internships: College or graduate students can come to SERC and work for 10-15 weeks with a research scientist. For more information, visit the internship site, or contact Dan Gustafson.
- Post-doctoral and Graduate Student Fellowships: We have a very active program in research opportunities. Visit the fellowship site or Contact Dan Gustafson for fellowships.
- Research Opportunities:
- Visiting Scientists program: Mid-career scientists from around the world have worked in our facilities.
- Collaborative ventures: We regularly work with many institutions on scientific research. We are affiliated with several inter-institutional groups. Contact Dr. Anson Hines for more information.
- Volunteering at SERC:
- Volunteer opportunities at SERC: include assisting research staff in the field or laboratory, assisting education staff in the Reed Center, and leading outside educational activities.
- NEW: The Marine Invasions Lab is seeking research volunteers this summer to help with their Nearshore Survey, a long-term field study examining native shrimp and their predators. Volunteers will spend two to four days a month helping research staff sample fish, shrimp and crabs in the Rhode River. You'll get trained to identify different fish species in Chesapeake Bay, and learn to operate seine and dip nets.
- Because collecting data in the field takes practice, this volunteer opportunity requires an application. The deadline is March 15, 2014.
How to apply
- Support SERC:
- Help ensure the future of SERC's critical environmental research. Make a donation online or by mail. For more information, contact SERC Director of Development, Robin Gibbin, 443-482-2205.