WETLAND CANOE TRIPS:
SERC provides complimentary trail maps and brochures for individuals and groups who wish to bring their own canoes or kayaks and strike out on their own to explore the rich and diverse surroundings throughout our 14 miles of undeveloped shoreline. These materials are available at the Reed Education Center upon check-in.
We are open to the public from 9am to 4:30 pm Monday through Saturday, with the exception of federal holidays. Your last boat should be pulled from the water by 4:00 pm.
There is a $5 per canoe/kayak launch donation requested.
Organized groups and outfitters are required to register and pay in advance by calling
Individuals may register and pay on site the day of launching.
Please read our launching regulations below.
To register for a launch permit, you may download one of the following applications:
Rules and Regulations for launching
canoes and kayaks at SERC
- Motorized boats are not allowed to be launched from the SERC docks.
- All launches must occur at the SERC floating dock.
- All children 15 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- PFD's must be worn on the water, and by all group members, at all times.
- SERC is not responsible for your personal safety, vehicle, or damage to you, your boat, or personal property.
- No firearms or fireworks.
- No alcohol or drugs.
- Our shorelines are fragile ecosystems so please no landing on SERC property except the launching dock.
- Collection or removal of any objects, including artifacts or plant materials, without written permission is prohibited.
- Unsafe behavior or actions can result in your visitor privileges being revoked, and possibly legal recourse.