2013 Spring Family Days
Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Come meet our scientists May 18 and 19, when the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center hosts its annual family days! While at the nature sanctuary, you can:
- Chat with SERC ecologists about their work on the Bay while kids enjoy science-themed games and activities
- Enjoy a boat ride down the Rhode River aboard the Richard Lee, for $5/person (kids under 4 ride free)
- Visit an oyster bar on our docks
- Watch a live K-9 search and rescue demonstration (Saturday only)
- Go seining for fish and crabs in the Rhode River. Waders provided: No experience or swimwear necessary!
A $5 event fee covers your entire family in advance (until May 17), or $10 at the door. Families can also register online for a Panera box lunch (until Saturday, May 11) or bring their own picnic to enjoy by the water.
To register online:
Go to the online sign-up sheet and click "Register."
First, under "add participant" register once for your entire family (i.e. "Green Family"). This is where you will select "Event Fee" in the drop-down menu and receive your front gate pass.
Then, add the names and ages of each individual member of your family.
Choose whether to register for lunch and one of the three boat cruises.
Don't forget to bring your front gate pass when you arrive!